Camille J. Wynn, Ph.D., CCC-SLP
Office Location: Melcher Life Sciences M242J
Dr. Wynn is an Assistant Professor in Communication Sciences and Disorders at the University of Houston. Dr. Wynn received her PhD from Utah State University in 2022. Prior to completing her PhD, she worked clinically as a speech-language pathologist at Cassia Regional Hospital. Dr. Wynn’s research focuses on the development of conversational coordination skills, particularly in neurotypical and autistic adolescents.
- Ph.D., Neuroscience, Emphasis in Speech-Language Pathology, Utah State University, Logan, UT
- M.S., Speech-Language Pathology, Utah State University, Logan, UT
- B.S., Speech-Language Pathology, Utah State University, Logan, UT
- Motor Speech Disorders (COMD 6326)
Research InterestsDr. Wynn is interested in understanding how people coordinate their speech with one another to make conversations feel meaningful and successful. Further, she explores how breakdowns in speech coordination affect the conversations of individuals with communication disorders. For more information, view Dr. Wynn’s research page.
(past 5 years)
- 2021-2022 National Institutes of Health, NIDCD, F31 National Research Service Award, Acoustic-Prosodic Entrainment in the Context of Autism Spectrum Disorder, Role: Principal Investigator
- 2019-2020 Utah State University, Graduate Research and Creative Opportunities Grant, Individual Characteristics of Acoustic Prosodic Entrainment, Role: Principal Investigator
(For a full list of publications, see CV and Google Scholar profile)
- Wynn, C. J., & Borrie, S. A. (2022). Classifying conversational entrainment of speech behavior: An expanded framework and review. Journal of Phonetics. 94, 101173.
- Wynn, C. J., Barrett, T. S., & Borrie, S. A. (2022). Rhythm perception, speaking rate entrainment, and conversational quality: A mediated model. Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research, 64, 2187-2203.
- Wynn, C. J., Josephson, E. R., & Borrie, S. A. (2022). An examination of articulatory precision in autistic children and adults. Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research. 65, 1416-1425.
- Wynn, C. J., Borrie, S. A., & Pope, K. A. (2019). Going with the flow: An examination of entrainment in typically developing children. Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research, 62(10), 3706-3713.
- Wynn, C. J., Borrie, S. A., & Sellers, T. P. (2018). Speech rate entrainment in children and adults with and without autism spectrum disorder. American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, 27(3), 965–974.
- Doctoral Student Researcher of the Year, Utah State University College of Education and Human Services (2022)
- New Century Doctoral Fellowship, American Speech-Language-Hearing Foundation (2019)
- Meritorious Poster Award, American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (2019)
- Committee Member, American Speech-Language-Hearing Association Convention Speech and Language Science Topic (2019, 2020, and 2021 conventions)
- Speech Language Pathology Consultant, Naked Heart Foundation
- Ad hoc Scholarly Reviewer, Various Research Journals