Resident Storm Preparation
The Student Housing and Residential Life Department wants all residents to be as safe and comfortable as possible during the potential upcoming storm later this week. Tropical Storm Laura is expected to become a category 3 hurricane before making landfall beginning Wednesday evening. Please review the following information to be as ready as you can be.
Students who are able to should consider traveling to their permanent home or other identified safe place as services on campus may be extremely limited in a severe weather event. Flooding, power outages, interruptions in air conditioning, and other challenges can happen in weather emergencies.
Check UH Alerts
- The University of Houston will update this site when new information is available.
Update Your Information
- Update your UH Alert contact information here in order to receive emergency messages on your personal devices.
- Review this emergency preparedness list for information on what you need to do before a storm.
- Students with disabilities may want to contact roommates, friends, or family members for assistance in evacuating.
- In case transportation and roadways are impacted:
- Have food and water available in your room.
- Have medications, toiletries, face coverings, other PPE and other essential items available in your room.
- Residents should contact the front desk of their hall if they have questions.
- If there is not a person at the desk, look for an “on-call” phone number that will be posted.
Parking for Residents
- Residential students can park in the Student Garage side in the Welcome Garage for free. The gate arms should open Wednesday morning around 10:00am.
- The gates of the Student Garage in the Welcome Garage will be lowered and normal operations will resume on Sunday by 3pm.
UH Dining Information
- All retail dining locations will close at scheduled time Tuesday, 8/25. Cougar Woods Dining Commons will remain open Wednesday 8/26 into Thursday 8/27 and break at 2:00pm on Thursday 8/27.
- Effective Wednesday 8/26
- Cougar Woods Dining Commons
- Effective Wednesday 8/26 through Friday 8/28
- Loft Market
- Cougar Village Market
- All other locations will be closed.
- UH Dining will reassess hours of operation on Thursday 8/27.
- For the most up to date hours please visit https://dineoncampus.com/uh/hours-of-operations.
We will continue to provide updates as information becomes available.
Student Housing & Residential Life
This is an official message sent by the University of Houston. To verify the validity of this message, email email@example.com.
View web version