The UH College of Medicine invites you to join us for a comprehensive webinar on COVID-19 vaccines. The FDA’s authorization of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines is an important advance in our effort to fight this devastating pandemic. Unfortunately, even as we distribute available vaccines, misinformation continues to spread creating hesitancy to take the vaccines in our communities. Meanwhile, the COVID-19 coronavirus is still infecting people.
This webinar will help attendees understand and navigate the dynamic vaccine landscape.
Wednesday, January 27, 2021
Presenters will address:
- The epidemiology of COVID-19, sharing Texas, U.S. and global data.
- Types of COVID-19 vaccines available and in development.
- COVID-19 vaccine myths, misinformation and hesitancy.
- Taking the vaccine while pregnant.
- Vaccine availability and prioritization.
- Strategies to maintain public health post vaccination.
Speakers: Frene LaCour-Chestnut, M.D.; Bhavna Lall, M.D., M.P.H., M.P.A.; Kim Pilkinton, M.D., M.P.H.; LeChauncy Woodard, M.D., M.P.H.; Brian Reed, M.D.; and Bettina Beech, Dr.P.H., M.P.H.
The panel discussion will be followed by a Q&A session with the webinar audience.
The webinar will be recorded and available for on-demand viewing on UH College of Medicine’s website within a week of the live event.
For more resources and information, please check the College of Medicine’s COVID-19 Vaccine Resource Page.
Marisa Ponti, M.S.W.
Director, Marketing and Communications
College of Medicine
University of Houston